North-western facade of Primac House, Brisbane

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. North-western facade of Primac House, Brisbane.

Document type: Digilib Image
Collections: UQ Library - Digitised Materials - open access
Brisbane City
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Slide_013.tif   image/tiff 53.37MB 11

Title North-western facade of Primac House, Brisbane
Alternative Title Primac House, Brisbane
Abstract/Summary Image looks down Creek Street with ANZ building and Central Plaza buildings in background behind Primac House.
Date of construction 1910
Date photo taken 1988
Date scanned 2012-11-26
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Architect Richard Gailey Junr.
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location 99 Creek Street
Open Access Status Other
Category Commerical buildings
Subcategory Office buildings
Period Federation (1890-1915)
Style Warehouse
Condition Renovated
Structural Systems & Elements Masonry construction
Building Materials Brick
Architectural Features Pilasters
Arched windows
Brick walls
Surrounding Features Roads & streets
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger.
References Brisbane City Council. "Primac House." Heritage Register. Accessed 31 January 2013.
Additional Notes "The building was built for Canada Cycle and Motor Agency Queensland Limited and was one of the first places in Brisbane that sold motor cars and bicycles straight from the showroom floor. In 1934 it was sold to the Queensland Primary Producers Co-operative and became known as Primac House." Brisbane J2013
Created: Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 13:43:49 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Research Information Service  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview