Eastern facade of Mayne Hall with the Michie Building in the background to the left, the University of Queensland St. Lucia Campus, Brisbane

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. Eastern facade of Mayne Hall with the Michie Building in the background to the left, the University of Queensland St. Lucia Campus, Brisbane.

 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Slide_008.tif   image/tiff 53.33MB 59


Title Eastern facade of Mayne Hall with the Michie Building in the background to the left, the University of Queensland St. Lucia Campus, Brisbane
Alternative Title Stained glass windows of Mayne Hall, the University of Queensland St. Lucia Campus, Brisbane
Abstract/Summary Sandblasted concrete facade of Mayne Hall featuring a unique stained glass window facing east. The flat roof of Mayne Hall extends over open space to the south, creating a loggia that addresses the Great Court Complex. The sandstone clad Michie Building can be see in the background.
Date of construction 1973
Date photo taken 1981
Date scanned 2012-11-26
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Architect Gibson, Robin, 1930
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location University of Queensland St Lucia Campus, Brisbane, Queensland
Australia
Open Access Status Other
Category Educational facilities
Subcategory Universities
Period Late twentieth century (1960-)
Style International
Brutalist
Condition Original
Structural Systems & Elements Concrete construction
Curtain walls
Steel construction
Building Materials Concrete
Glass
Stained glass
Steel
Architectural Features Concrete walls
Facades
Flat roofs
Loggias
Mezzanines
Stained glass windows
Surrounding Features Roads & streets
Seats
Trees
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger.
References The University of Queensland. "James and Mary Emelia Mayne Centre." http://www.artmuseum.uq.edu.au/mayne-centre
Additional Notes Previously used for graduation ceremonies and concerts,which are now held in the UQ Centre, Mayne Hall, as it was originally known, was renovated and re-opened in 2004 as the UQ Art Museum.
 
Created: Wed, 09 Jan 2013, 14:47:06 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Research Information Service  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview