The drawing room at the Hill House, Helensburgh

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. The drawing room at the Hill House, Helensburgh.

Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Slide_013.tif   image/tiff 45.57MB 1

Title The drawing room at the Hill House, Helensburgh
Alternative Title The fireplace of the drawing room at the Hill House, Helensburgh
Abstract/Summary This fireplace is made of pine that has been painted white. The gesso panel above the fireplace is by Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh. The fireplace is surrounded by a mosaic with coloured and mirror glass inlays.
Date of construction 1902-1904
Date photo taken 2000
Date scanned 2012-11-26
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location Upper Colquhoun Street
United Kingdom
Open Access Status Other
Category Dwellings
Subcategory Houses
Period Federation (1890-1915)
Style Art nouveau
Condition Restored
Structural Systems & Elements Masonry construction
Building Materials Steel
Architectural Features Coloured glass
Mirrored glass
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger
References Wilhide, Elizabeth. 'The Mackintosh Style'. London: Pavilion Books Limited, 1998.
Additional Notes The Hill House is now owned by the National Trust for Scotland and has been restored.
Created: Tue, 08 Jan 2013, 11:59:53 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Research Information Service  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview