Facade of the Willow Tea Rooms, Glasgow

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. Facade of the Willow Tea Rooms, Glasgow.

Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Slide_001.tif   image/tiff 52.49MB 109

Title Facade of the Willow Tea Rooms, Glasgow
Abstract/Summary The Willow Tea Room at Sauchiehall Street was the last of four tea rooms designed by Mackintosh for Miss Kate Cranston. The ground floor is now occupied by a jewellery shop but the rest of the building has been restored to serve its original function. The long casement window on the first floor gives light to the Room de Luxe.
Date of construction 1903
Date photo taken 2000
Date scanned 2012-11-26
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Architect Mackintosh, Charles Rennie, 1868-1928
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location 217 Sauchiehall Street
United Kingdom
Open Access Status Other
Category Recreation and sports
Subcategory Restaurants
Period Federation (1890-1915)
Style Art nouveau
Condition Renovated
Structural Systems & Elements Masonry construction
Building Materials Glass
Wrought iron
Architectural Features Casement windows
Mirrored glass
Window displays
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger
References Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. "Glasgow, 217 Sauchiehall Street, Willow Tea Rooms." http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/144200/details/glasgow+217+sauchiehall+street+willow+tea+rooms/
Created: Tue, 08 Jan 2013, 11:51:02 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Research Information Service  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview