Awning of the Burns Philp and Co Ltd building,Landsborough Street, Normanton

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. Awning of the Burns Philp and Co Ltd building,Landsborough Street, Normanton.

 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Normanton_798.tif   image/tiff 25.60MB 68


Title Awning of the Burns Philp and Co Ltd building,Landsborough Street, Normanton
Abstract/Summary The Burns Philp empire has its origins in the town of Normanton. It was established by James Burns and Robert Philp. Philp was premier of Queensland from 19.11.1907 – 18.02.1908.
Date of construction mid-1880s
Date photo taken 1986
Date scanned 2006-08-28
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location Corner of Landsborough and Caroline Streets, Normanton, Queensland
Australia
Open Access Status Other
Category Commercial
Subcategory Shops
Structural Systems & Elements Timber columns
Timber construction
Building Materials Corrugated iron
Fibro
Timber
Architectural Features Awnings
Corner sites
Gable roofs
Parapets
Single-storey
Surrounding Features Power & telegraph poles
Roads & streets
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger.
Additional Notes The town of Normanton is situated by the Norman River in the Gulf Savannah region of Queensland which extends from the Great Dividing Range in the east to the Northern Territory in the west. Normanton was proclaimed a town in 1868. Normanton was the port that served the Croydon goldfields and is a terminus of the Normanton to Croydon railway line now known as The Gulflander route. The area is noted for cattle and fishing.
 
Created: Thu, 25 Sep 2008, 16:59:24 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Architecture and Music Library  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview