Approach to mine, Copper mine, Mount Morgan

Keniger, Michael, 1947-. Approach to mine, Copper mine, Mount Morgan.

 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Mt_Morgan_284.tif   image/tiff 27.19MB 290


Title Approach to mine, Copper mine, Mount Morgan
Date photo taken 1986
Date scanned 2006-07-18
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Photographer Keniger, Michael, 1947-
Location Mount Morgan, Queensland
Australia
Open Access Status Other
Category Industrial
Machinery
Subcategory Industrial facilities
Mining equipment
Condition Abandoned buildings
Structural Systems & Elements Masonry construction
Timber construction
Building Materials Brick
Timber
Corrugated metal roofing
Architectural Features Single-storey
brick chimneys
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger.
Additional Notes Located approximately 38km west of Rockhampton, Mount Morgan has been a gold mining town since 1882. Both the town itself and the old mine site have retained a number of significant heritage buildings. These include timber-framed houses and hotels, as well as Classical masonry structures such as the Courthouse and State School.
 
Created: Mon, 30 Jun 2008, 09:39:35 EST by Cathy Bauer on behalf of Architecture and Music Library  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview