Bell tower, St Andrew's Church, Rockhampton

Keniger, Michael 1947-. Bell tower, St Andrew's Church, Rockhampton.

 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview Rockhampton_176.tif   image/tiff 25.76MB 173


Title Bell tower, St Andrew's Church, Rockhampton
Date photo taken 1979
Date scanned 2006-09-06
Publisher The University of Queensland Library
Photographer Keniger, Michael 1947-
Location Rockhampton, Queensland
Australia
Open Access Status Other
Category Towers
Religious
Subcategory Bell towers
Religious buildings
Structural Systems & Elements Timber construction
Cross bracing
Building Materials Timber
Corrugated iron
Architectural Features Hipped roofs
Lattices
Finials
Rights Research and private study only. Not to be reproduced without prior written permission. Rights holder: Michael Keniger.
Additional Notes Rockhampton is situated on Queensland’s largest river, the Fitzroy, 633 kilometres north of Brisbane and just above the Tropic of Capricorn. Founded in 1858, a mini gold rush at Canoona - 48kms to the north - accelerated the establishment of the city. The city has retained a large number of heritage buildings, particularly within the Quay Street heritage precinct. While Rockhampton is largely known for its beef cattle industry, other primary industries in the region include agriculture and mining.
 
Created: Tue, 08 Jan 2008, 11:22:40 EST by Amy Cross on behalf of Architecture and Music Library  -  Detailed History
Preview/Stream (click the image for a higher quality version)
Datastream Preview